Learn English Online with Music

Learn English with Music.jpg


If you love relaxing music and you are also an intermediate English student, do not miss this activity because you will learn and have fun at the same time! With the song “Don´t know why” by Norah Jones you'll learn and practise the verbs in the past and some vocabulary. At the end of the post, you'll find the answers.

Si le gusta la música relajante y si además usted es un alumno de Inglés intermedio ¡no se puede perder esta actividad porque usted aprenderá y se divertirá al mismo tiempo! La siguiente canción se llama: “Don´t know why” de Norah Jones. Usted aprenderá y podrá practicar los verbos en pasado y algo de vocabulario. Al final del posteo, encontrará las respuestas.

Se você gosta de música tranquila  e se você é um aluno intermediário de Inglês, não perca esta atividade porque você vai aprender e vai divertir-se ao mesmo tempo! Com a canção "Don´t know why" da Norah Jones  você vai aprender e praticar verbos no passado e um pouco de vocabulário também. No final do post, você vai encontrar as respostas.


Norah Jones - “Don't know why”


1. Fill in the blanks with the past simple tense of the verbs in brackets, then listen to the song until minute 1.22 and check your answers.



I ____________ 'til I ____________ the sun (wait) (see)
I don't know why I ____________ (not come)
I ____________ you by the house of fun (leave)
I don't know why I ____________ (not come)
I don't know why I ____________ (not come)
When I ____________ the break of day (see)
I wish that I ____________ fly away (can)
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching teardrops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

2. Listen to the song from minute 1.22 until minute 1.43 and match the phrases.

A- Out across
1. in ecstasy
B- I would die
2. the road along
C- But I'll be
3. the endless sea
D- Driving down
4. a bag of bones


3. Match the verbs on the left with the most closely meaning on the right.

A- wait
1- look
B- see
2- approach
C- come
3- be able to
D- leave
4- hold
E- can
5- journey by vehicle
F- drive
6-go out
G- die
7-perish

4. Read the explanations and answer the questions. (You can record your answers using vocaroo.com and then send them to us and we will provide you a feedback)

A- “Ecstasy” is a state of extreme happiness, especially when feeling pleasure.”  In what particular moments of life do you feel “in ecstasy”?

B- We use the expression “a bag of bones” to say that a person or an animal is extremely thin.  Have you ever turned into “a bag of bones”?


Answers:
1- waited - saw- didn't come - left - didn't come - didn't come - saw - could
2- a3 - b1 - c4 - d2
3-   A4- b1- c2 - d6 - e3 - f5 - g7


To take a free demo class with us, just click here and sign up!

Para tomar una clase de prueba gratis con nosotros ¡hace click aquí!

Para fazer uma aula experimental grátis, basta clicar aqui e se inscrever!




Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas