Qual a diferença entre Simple Past e Present Perfect? Descubra e aprenda a falar inglês mais fluente.

"-Have you seen ´The Shinning´ before?
-No, but I read the book last year." 

Qual a diferença entre usar have + verbo (Have you seen) e só o verbo na forma passado simples (I read)? Quando é que vamos utilizar uma forma e, quando usamos a outra?
Professor Marcelo apresenta uma atividade para praticar esses dois tempos verbais e para nos ajudar a dissipar eventuais dúvidas. Saber usar esses tempos verbais corretamente vai te ajudar a falar inglês de forma mais fluente. Aproveite e aprenda inglês em casa com a E-Learning For All !!!

PRESENT PERFECT

Read the dialogue:

Have you watched this movie before?

Jack: Have you seen this movie before?http://viralallstar.com/wp-content/uploads/mvbthumbs/img_5116_brother-sister-weekend-the-sex-talk.jpg
Wendy: No, but I’ve read the book.
Jack: Seriously? Is there a book about it?
Wendy: Yeah!
Jack: Do you know how it’s going to end?
Wendy: No! The movie is a little different.
Jack: But the movie has special effects and a soundtrack too.
Wendy: Sorry to disappoint you on that, but I’ve listened to this soundtrack too.
Jack: Wendy, you’re impossible!

Now, answer the questions:

  • When did Wendy read the book?
  • When did Wendy listen to its soundtrack?

When time is not specific, we use the (   ) simple past / (   ) present perfect in our sentences. The focus of our statement is on the (   ) experience / (   ) time.

Now, compare the sentences:

I’ve seen this movie before. I saw this movie last month.

For the present perfect, I use the auxiliaries _______ and has and the past participle of a verb, e.g.: _______.

For the simple past, I use the _______ form of the verb, e.g.: _______.

Do you know the past and past participle forms of these verbs?

Present
Simple past
Past participle
be


do


drink


eat


make


read


see



Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb in parentheses:

a) I __________ a lot of food. I’m full. I don’t want to eat anymore. (eat)
b) Yesterday, my father and I __________ a movie about war. (watch)
c) Well, let’s correct homework! _______ you _______ it? (do)
d) Jane __________ a lot of movies. Let’s buy her a T-shirt. (see)
e) When I went to Mexico, I __________ a lot of tequila. (drink)
f) My mom __________ a cake for my birthday! It __________ delicious. (make, be)

Now, read the story and complete it with the verbs in the chart in the present perfect.

“My mother is a very special person. She __________ to many places, and she __________ some many things. I __________ on a magazine that experienced people make great parents and that’s why my mother was so good. When people offer me exotic food, I have to tell them: ‘I __________ that before,’ because my mother made it. When we talk about drinks, I have to tell them: ‘I __________ that before,’ because my mother made it! When I talk to my mom about a movie I loved, she __________ it! She’s amazing. She’s the best friend I __________ in this life.”

Now, talk to a partner, make questions using the prompts given. Follow the example:

watch the new series

Have you watched the new series?
- Yes, I have. | - No, I haven’t.

read many books
be to many places
play a lot of video games
walk long distances
listen to the same song many time
do a lot of different physical activities

Marcelo Vieira Cruz

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas