LEARN ENGLISH WITH MUSIC - APRENDER INGLÉS CON MÚSICA - APRENDER INGLÊS COM MÚSICA

If you like music and you are an intermediate english student, you can't miss the activity that Teacher Manuela Sobral has prepared for you!

Si a usted le gusta la música y es un alumno de nivel intermedio de inglés ¡no se pierda la actividad que la Profesora Manuela Sobral preparó para usted!

Se você gosta de música e é um aluno de nível intermediário de inglês, não perca a atividade que a Professora Manuela Sobral preparou para você!


1- Read an excerpt of Beyoncé’s song (“If I were a boy”) and complete the following questions with full answers:

If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I'd be a better man
I'd listen to her
Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
Cause he's taken you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed
If I were a boy
I would turn off my phone
Tell everyone its broken
So they'd think that I was sleeping alone
I'd put myself first
And make the rules as I go
Cause I know that she'd be faithful
Waiting for me to come home
To come home

  1. Thinking about genders, do you believe your gender affects the choices you made for career? Would you have chosen a different job if you were the opposite gender?

  1. In “I would turn off my phone, tell everyone that is broken” the narrator disclosures will for privacy. In which circumstances can mobile phones represent a threat to privacy?

  1. In the last part of the excerpt, Beyoncé sings: “I’d put myself first…”. For a lot of people prioritize our own happiness is the secret for a better life. Do you agree with this idea or disagree and why?

2- Still analyzing Beyoncé’s song check the correct answer for each question:
  1. In English we work with four different types of conditional sentences. To which case belongs the sentence “if I were a boy (...) I swear I’d be a better man”?
  • Zero conditional ( )
  • First conditional ( )
  • Second conditional ( )
  • Third conditional ( )

  1. Looking at he's taken you for granted” we can observe the narrator uses the past participle of the action verb + the auxiliary verb have. To which tense would we classify this sentence?
  • Present simple ( )
  • Present perfect ( )
  • Past simple ( )
  • Past perfect ( )

3- What is the meaning of CARING in the sentence below:

“She was happy that she had finally found someone who was just so caring and sweet.”
  1. Tenderness ( )
  2. Negligence ( )
  3. Absence ( )
  4. Looking after ( )

4- Now, listen to the song and enjoy it! =)



Send your answers to contato@elearningforall.org for a feedback!  

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas